It's that time of year in the northern hemisphere, where the chill factor is getting high. This is a perfect, warming and very nourishing recipe with plenty of anti-inflammatory and punchy spices and herbs - perfect for Halloween inspired dinner parties! Not to mention, this recipe trojan horses our Ashwagandha, which for some, can be a tricky herb for the palate (if this is you, make sure you check out our tips for tasting Ashwagandha here).
This recipe is the real deal - creating your very own curry paste from scratch. Let's dive in:
YELLOW CURRY (serves 4)
1. For curry paste, chop ginger, garlic, chili and lemongrass into smaller pieces and put in a high speed blender along with the rest of the curry paste ingredients
2. Add ½ cup water and blend to a smooth paste (a few minutes, scraping down blender). Add more water if needed but only small amounts at a time
3. Heat a large heavy-based saucepan to medium-low. Add oil and once hot add curry paste, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon so it doesn’t stick. Cook for a couple of minutes
4. Add coconut milk and 1pt water. If any curry paste has stuck to the bottom of the pan just scrape it with the wooden spoon
5. Add soy/tamari, fish sauce/miso, coconut syrup, Ashwagandha and vegetables and cook for 15 minutes
6. Add tamarind and coriander. If sauce is too loose then cook for another 10 mins. If too dry then add more water to your desired consistency
Serve with rice, extra coriander and coconut yoghurt.
Thanks Tam and Pat from The Branches, we love you guys.