FREE Standard Shipping on orders $75 and more!
Chai Spiced Blondie Bites with Chocolate Espresso Frosting
This decadent recipe makes approx 16, all natural, quick, easy, subtly sweet, deliciously buttery, soft and chewy, perfectly spiced, DATE FREE blondie bites – no baking required!
For thousands of years, Tremella has been used by noble men and women of the Orient as a youth-preserving tonic. This hydrating, beautifying herb is packed-full of potent antioxidants that create a radiant complexion and bring lubrication to our deep tissue and vital organs.
Note – these bites are best kept refrigerated and served chilled. They will keep well refrigerated for 7-10 days and can be frozen for 3-6 months.
- 1 teaspoon SuperFeast Tremella
- 1 teaspoon for Ganache SuperFeast Mason's Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon SuperFeast
- 2 tbs almond butter
- 2 tbs coconut butter (or coconut oil / ghee)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs healthy, homemade chai spice mix (more or less to taste)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbs almond milk (or milk of choice)
- For a sweeter blondie, add 1 tsp honey / maple syrup
- OPTIONAL DARK CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO GANACHE
- 1/2 cup (solid) coconut cream – to get this, I opened a can of coconut cream and let it sit, uncovered, in the fridge overnight then scooped the solid creamy portion from the top (use the liquid in smoothies or just drink it) – you can skip this step and scoop the cream straight from the can but I find it’s more luscious and creamy if you chill it over night first – either way it’s delicious
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 - 1 tsp of espresso
- 1 pinch of salt
Step 1The night before – open a can of coconut cream and let it sit, uncovered, in the fridge overnight this will allow the cream to separate from the water. When you’re ready to go scoop the solid creamy portion from the top (use the liquid in smoothies or just drink it or freeze into ice cubes for later use)
Step 2Line a mini cupcake tray with paper cases and set aside (or you could line a mini loaf pan or baking dish if you prefer).
Step 3Place all blondie ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
Step 4Press approx. 1 heaping tablespoon of blondie mix into each cupcake case, use a spoon (or just your fingers) to firmly press it down so it’s nice and flat – or you can press it in to a loaf pan/baking dish then slice and serve.
Step 5Pop it into the fridge for 20 mins (or freezer for 5) until firm.
Step 6Melt chocolate by your preferred method – I like to do mine on the stove, double broiler style but a microwave will work just fine too.
Step 7Add the coconut cream to your espresso infused chocolate and stir until well combined.
Step 8To serve – spread your blondie bites with ganache sprinkle with sea salt & an extra dusting of chai if desired.
Featured in this recipe
Energy | Focus | Stress Relief
Gut | Immunity
Ultimate Brain Health Combo: QI Blend and Neural Nectar
Tonic herbalism is this beautiful foundational system, and within this system, we can have particular intentions; we want our mind and brain focused, the nuanced ability to remember and recall and to be witty..Read more