For thousands of years, Tremella has been used by noble men and women of the Orient as a youth-preserving tonic. This hydrating, beautifying herb is packed-full of potent antioxidants that create a radiant complexion and bring lubrication to our deep tissue and vital organs. This decadent recipe makes approx 16, all natural, quick, easy, subtly sweet, deliciously buttery, soft and chewy, perfectly spiced, DATE FREE blondie bites – no baking required!
- 1 tsp SuperFeast Tremella
- 1 tsp SuperFeast JING
- 2 tbs almond butter
- 2 tbs coconut butter (or coconut oil / ghee)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs healthy, homemade chai spice mix (more or less to taste)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbs almond milk (or milk of choice)
- For a sweeter blondie, add 1 tsp honey / maple syrup
For the “optional” Dark Chocolate Espresso Ganache
- 1/2 cup (solid) coconut cream – to get this, I opened a can of coconut cream and let it sit, uncovered, in the fridge overnight then scooped the solid creamy portion from the top (use the liquid in smoothies or just drink it) – you can skip this step and scoop the cream straight from the can but I find it’s more luscious and creamy if you chill it over night first – either way it’s delicious
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp Mason's Mushrooms
- 1/2 - 1 tsp of espresso
- 1 pinch of salt
1. The night before – open a can of coconut cream and let it sit, uncovered, in the fridge overnight this will allow the cream to separate from the water. When you’re ready to go scoop the solid creamy portion from the top (use the liquid in smoothies or just drink it or freeze into ice cubes for later use).
2. Line a mini cupcake tray with paper cases and set aside (or you could line a mini loaf pan or baking dish if you prefer).
3. Place all blondie ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
4. Press approx. 1 heaping tablespoon of blondie mix into each cupcake case, use a spoon (or just your fingers) to firmly press it down so it’s nice and flat – or you can press it in to a loaf pan/baking dish then slice and serve.
5. Pop it into the fridge for 20 mins (or freezer for 5) until firm.
For the ganache:
1. Melt chocolate by your preferred method – I like to do mine on the stove, double broiler style but a microwave will work just fine too.
2. Add espresso, vanilla, Mason's Mushrooms, salt and stir to combine.
3. Add the coconut cream to your espresso infused chocolate and stir until well combined.
4. To serve – spread your blondie bites with ganache sprinkle with sea salt & an extra dusting of chai if desired.
Note – these bites are best kept refrigerated and served chilled. They will keep well refrigerated for 7-10 days and can be frozen for 3-6 months.
Enjoy this one beauties. If you'd like to dive deeper into Taoist tonic herbal beauty philosophy, we've got you covered. Check out our free Beauty Bible. You'll get the low down on trouble shooting skin and hair issues and which herbs we love for that glow.Download here!