Mint Choc Chaga Smoothie Bowl by Lorella Doherty
- 1 t each of superfood powders of choice – optional, but this to me is the most important part as it takes it from a delicious snack to a rockin’ immunity boosting, stress releasing, energy enhancing, hormone helping, adaptogenic bad ass baby of a snack! I have used Superfeast Mason’s Mushrooms, the all time incredible medicinal mushroom blend (chaga, reishi, Cordyceps, lions mane), and ashwagandha. Maca, He Shou Wu and Astragalus are some of my other favourites.
- 2 T chia seeds
- 3/4 c base (milk of choice, filtered water, coconut water, cooled herbal tea or a mixture)
- 1 frozen banana (just add some ice cubes with a banana if you have no frozen)
- 1 handful of cashews
- 1 D raw cocao powder
- 1 heaped t coconut oil
- 1 heaped t tahini
- Small drizzle of maple syrup or raw honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 3 drops of peppermint essential oil or a handful of fresh leaves
Right now when you buy 2 mushies for this recipe you will get 1 free!
In your high speed blender, soak the chia seeds and base for approx. 5 mins. Then add the rest of your ingredients, mix til well blended – smooth as can be, and serve.
Top with cocao nibs, edible flowers, mint leaves and some palm oil FREE (it’s sneaky so make sure you read your labels) mint or dark chocolate. Food to me is beautiful and so I love taking the extra time to decorate with all the trimmings.
Image and recipe originally posted: https://lorelladohertywriter.wordpress.com/2018/02/26/mint-choc-chaga-smoothie-bowl/