Receive FREE Shipping when you spend over $75!
NOURISHING LAMB SHANK STEW WITH MASON'S MUSHROOMS
This is a firm favorite that incorporates the best of the Byron Shire’s farmers market organic and local produce and our beautiful tonic herbs into a family-friendly dish. The potent adaptogenic herbs in our Mason's Mushrooms will boost vitality and encourage longevity.
- 1-2 tablespoons SuperFeast Mason's Mushrooms
- 2 lamb shanks
- Large glug of olive oil
- 2 red onions, diced
- 3-6 cloves garlic (depends on how much you like garlic!), peeled and crushed
- 1 bunch cilantro (its called coriander here in Aussie), leaves and stalks separated, stalks finely chopped and leaves plucked from stalks
- Approx 4.5 pts of broth or spring water (we used homemade broth or stock)
- 8 very ripe tomatoes, diced (substitute 1 x 14 oz tin organic tomatoes instead)
- 3 small or 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 large potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1 cup frozen organic peas
- 5 bay leaves
- 1-2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Pepper to taste
Step 1In a large cast-iron pot or heavy-bottomed saucepan, warm olive oil over medium heat. When hot, add lamb shanks and cook until browned, a few minutes on each side.
Step 2Remove shanks and set aside.
Step 3Add onions, garlic and coriander stalks to the pot and cook until onion is translucent and sweet.
Step 4Stir in remaining vegetables and cook until color brightens. Return lamb shanks to pot, then add stock or water to cover and Mason’s Mushrooms.
Step 5Cook over very low heat (or transfer to a slow cooker) until meat is very tender, about 4 hours.
Step 6Check for seasoning, adding more salt or mushrooms especially to taste.
Step 7Serve with fresh cilantro leaves.
Featured in this recipe
- A Healthy Stress Response
- Digestive Health
- Energy & Vitality
Immune and Gut Tonic
DI DAO: SOURCING FROM THE SPIRITUAL HOMELAND
Di Dao (Di Tao) might sound like a mouthful, something foreign and oriental and sure, it kinda is ;-P But if we were to tell you that Di Dao refers to a living and breathing philosophy, NOW maybe you are...Read more