I am really excited about fall. I am breaking out my boots and my overalls. Another thing I’m excited about is all things pumpkin and HALLOWEEN!
Today I have a pumpkin cookie recipe for you with a cream cheese frosting.
This one is certainly an indulgence I bust out once a year! Great treats for the neighbourhood's kids, if you can resist the temptation to eat them all yourself...
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- Avocado oil spray (or substitute of your choice) for the baking tray
- 1 package cream cheese
- ½ stick of butter
- 2 ⅓ tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon JING Blend
Instructions for Frosting
- Place frosting ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Mix until smooth with an electric mixer or food processor
Instructions for Cookies
- Preheat oven on to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place all cookie ingredients in large bowl
- Using a spook (ooops, spoon), electric mixer or food processor, combine your ingredient until smooth
- Prepare cookie sheet with with avocado oil spray
- Scoop batter onto the prepared cookie sheet (an ice cream scoop is great for this)
- Flatten cookies with spoon or fork.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Rest cookies until they are cool to the touch (on a rack if you have one)
- Ice your cookies
- Devour them like the limbs of small chil... ooops, wrong blog...
Happy baking and Happy Halloween!