"If you want to be initiating into tonic herbalism long term we get out of, "I've got a symptom, I take tonic herb to solve it," but rather we're trying to bring a smooth flow of Qi through all of our organs” - Mason Taylor
Tahnee and Mason discuss:
- Schisandra as the five flavor fruit.
- Schisandra's actions on the Liver, Lung and Kidney channels.
- How harmonizing your Liver Qi can aid sleep.
- The adaptogenic qualities of Schisandra.
- Schisandra as a potent sexual tonic for both men and women.
- Expressing reverence for the tonic herbs you are consuming and appreciating the lineage you get to be apart of by doing so.
- Schisandra; breast feeding and pregnancy.
- Schisandra and menopause.
Who are Mason Taylor and Tahnee McCrossin?
Mason Taylor: Mason’s energy and intent for a long and happy life is infectious. A health educator at heart, he continues to pioneer the way for potent health and a robust personal practice. An avid sharer, connector, inspirer and philosophizer, Mason wakes up with a smile on his face, knowing that tonic herbs are changing lives. Mason is also the SuperFeast founder, daddy to Aiya and partner to Tahnee (General Manager at SuperFeast).
Tahnee McCrossin: Tahnee is a self proclaimed nerd, with a love of the human body, it’s language and its stories. A cup of tonic tea and a human interaction with Tahnee is a gift! A beautiful Yin Yoga teacher and Chi Ne Tsang practitioner, Tahnee loves going head first into the realms of tradition, yogic philosophy, the organ systems, herbalism and hard-hitting research. Tahnee is the General Manager at SuperFeast, mumma to reishi-baby Aiya and partner to Mason (founder of SuperFeast).
Q: How Can I Support The SuperFeast Podcast?
A: Tell all your friends and family and share online! We’d also love it if you could subscribe and review this podcast on iTunes. Or check us out on Stitcher :)! Plus we're on Spotify!