Having a staple, go-to ultimate veggie salad is a must. This is a bright, nourishing and very wholesome meal for the whole family. Easy to whip together and beautifully spiced, we've added in Mason's Mushrooms for that extra magic touch. We love adding our adaptogenic tonic herbs to all our meals, we call it #trojanhorsing - give it a try.
Feel free to swap out the Mason's Mushrooms with any other mushie, the umami, savory taste will work well. This recipe is vegan (with the option of adding your favorite protein) and gluten-free.
2lb potatoes, washed (we like the skins on, but pell yours if you prefer) (we used Kipfler)
8 baby carrots, trimmed and peeled
1 large sweet potato, cut into wedges (again, we like the skins on, but peel yours if you prefer)
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garlic powder
sea salt and pepper
2 large zucchinis
1 head broccoli florets
1 head cauliflower florets
1 - 2 large red or green bell peppers, deseeded
1 - 2 red onions, skins removed
1 bunch shallots, trimmed
2 tsp SuperFeast Mason’s Mushrooms
2 handfuls baby spinach or rocket
1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 bunch fresh rocket
1 bunch fresh chives
1 jar cashew cheese (to serve)
1 lemon, cut into wedges (to serve)
1. Preheat oven 350 F (330 F fan-forced).
2. Cut potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes and onions into wedges. Put the chopped root vegetables and onions in a large baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and spices and set the timer for 45 mins.
3. Meanwhile, cut the zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, capsicums and shallots (spring onions) into bite-sized pieces.
4. Arrange the chopped vegetables on another tray and dress with olive oil, Mason’s Mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Mix with hands, then place in the oven when there are 25 mins left on the timer.
5. While the vegetables are cooking, wash and roughly chop the rocket, parsley and spinach. Finely chop chives.
6. After the timer goes off, remove the vegetables from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
7. Arrange onto a platter or in a big serving bowl, top with cashew cheese, fresh herbs, a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Heidi Flora is the goddess behind this beautiful recipe.