Today, Sage Dammers (tonic herbalist and master chocolatier) and Mason cover everything you need to know about the newest addition to the SuperFeast apothecary, ashwagandha! The guys dive deep into the lore and traditions behind this Ayurvedic herb. The countless benefits of this calming adaptogen range from dialling down the stress response, nourishing the nervous system, balancing hormones and providing reproductive system support. And plenty more. A botanical which is an aphrodisiac, that's not overly stimulating, that is also a nervine?! What! A! Herb!
"Ashwagandha really is the herb for modern times" - Sage Dammers
- Up to 15 clinical applications have been thoroughly researched for ashwagandha
- Traditionally a 'muscle, marrow and semen' builder and supporter
- Regrows damaged synapses in the brain from heavy metal toxicity
- Provides the sexual energy and vigour of a horse
- The ultimate rejuvenating herb for the elderly, kids and everyone in between
- Small doses are incredibly effective, more is not always better
- Stimulates blood production in the body, may be good for vegetarians / vegans who need blood building support
- Need to build blood? Try SuperFeast Deer Antler and SuperFeast Ashwagandha
- When starting with ashwagandha, if you are in a rebuilding stage, give it time to rebuild. Then the rejuvenating effect will kick in
- Slightly heating and drying herb and helps to move water Qi by supporting spleen function
- Positive effect on male fertility via the decrease in stress and increase in adaptability (results in healthier sperm and hormone levels)
- A cortisol-dependant state can be positively balanced by ashwagandha
- Helps to balance blood sugar
- Also a powerful fertility enhancer for women via balancing of hormones
Who is Sage Dammers?
Fueled by a passionate desire to help people live the ultimate life and create a better world, Sage studied raw and superfood nutrition and traditional herbal systems, especially Taoist tonic herbalism. He has worked with and trained under the world’s leading master herbalists and nutrition and longevity experts in Costa Rica, Australia, Bali, China, and America.
Sage has developed products internationally and given lectures on peak performance nutrition in Australia, Bali, America, and France. His years of experience in this unique arena have allowed him to cultivate an unparalleled combination of cutting edge nutritional and culinary expertise. Sage has started tonic elixir bars in 5 star luxury hotels in Paris and Sydney serving longevity elixirs disguised as gourmet treats, introducing the novel concept of healthy indulgences to the market of world travelers.
Singh N, Singh SP, Nath C, Kohli RP, Bhargava KP. 5th Sepal Congress of Rheumatology. Bangkok: 1984. Anti-stress plants as anti-rheumatic agents; p. 37 (study showing remission from arthritis)
Addictive Wellness Choccies on Amazon
Ashwagandha and all it's amazing benefits article
Q: How Can I Support The SuperFeast Podcast?
A: Tell all your friends and family and share online! We’d also love it if you could subscribe and review this podcast on iTunes. Or check us out on Stitcher :)! Plus we're on Spotify and Soundcloud!
Check Out The Transcript Here: