Reishi has been regarded by ancient herbalists as the ‘mushroom of immortality’, in the modern landscape herbalists love this herb for its powerful adaptogenic qualities. Paired with Tremella, these fudge bites are a party in your mouth and offer deep nourishing goodness to your insides!.
P.s they are Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Carb, Vegan, Keto, Paleo.
Makes approx 16 subtly sweet, deliciously buttery, perfectly spiced fudge bites
- 1 teaspoon of Tremella
- 2 teaspoons of Reishi
- 1 1/4 Cups of mixed nuts – I used a mix of cashews, almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts & Brazil nuts.
- 3 Tablespoons of your fave nut/seed butter
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut butter/oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of your fave chai spice mix or;
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of maca – for hormone balance
- 2 scoops of collagen – for extra protein and gut healing goodness
- Optional for serving –
- Good quality dark chocolate
- Flaky sea salt
- Optional step – toast nuts for 5-10mins 175’C/350’F – or throw them into a dry frypan/skillet and shake frequently for 5-10 mins until fragrant
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until it comes together to form a dough ( keep an eye on it, if you blend for to long you’ll end up with nut butter which, will still be delicious but, is not what we want to make these amaze-balls) * Note – if you feel like your batter is a little dry add a splash or two of almond, 1 teaspoon at a time to reach desired/rollable consistency. You may also want to pop them in the fridge to chill for 5 minutes before rolling, this makes them a little easier to shape.
- Roll into balls (I got 16 using 1 Tbsp for each) and freeze for 30-45 mins until firm
- Once set, drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with a flaky sea salt, if using
These bad boys need to be kept refrigerated – I actually keep (and eat) mine in the freezer – they will keep well in an airtight container or stasher bag for 3-6 months, if not longer!