Jing is one of the Three Treasures in Daoist philosophy (Jing, Qi and Shen) and is the primordial essence residing in our kidneys that supplies the core energy, power and stamina that allows us experience superior physical health.
This delicious and nourishing recipe makes 6 standard size deliciously dark, double chocolate cupcakes with a decadent and rich raw chocolate frosting.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Paleo Friendly :)
- 1 teaspoon of Tremella
- 1/2 teaspoon of JING
- 1 egg - vegan friends sub flax/chia egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of dark chocolate chips, roughly chopped
For the frosting
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon of mason mushroom mix
- 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 175’C (350’F)
- Line (or grease and flour) a 6 cup muffin tray with paper cases and set aside
- In a medium bowl place egg, vanilla, coconut oil and milk and whisk until well combined
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, cacao, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, espresso (if using) and tremella & jing then stir to combine.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into prepare muffin tray and bake for 10-12 mins until tops spring back when gently pressed and a toothpick has just a few crumbs attached when inserted into the center
- Allow to cool in the muffin tray for 10 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
- While your cupcakes are cooling prepare the frosting –
- Place all frosting ingredients into a small bowl and stir until well combined. If it’s a little thin just pop it in the fridge to allow the coconut oil to solidify slightly until you have a nice, glossy spreadable consistency
- Once cupcakes are cool and frosting is ready simply spread approximately 1 heaping Tablespoon of frosting onto each cupcake.
- Cupcakes will keep for 3-5 days in the fridge when covered or stored in an airtight container. Or you can freeze for up to 3 months.
Enjoy this one beauties. If you'd like to dive deeper into Daoist tonic herbal beauty philosophy, we've got you covered. Check out our free Beauty Bible. You'll get the low down on trouble shooting skin and hair issues and which herbs we love for that glow.Download here!