Breakfast is served!! You can eat pancakes daily with this simple hack; just precook them on the weekend and warm up on Monday morning with some poached fruit and yogurt (we use sheep yogurt or coconut yogurt/kefir) and drizzle with maple syrup. YUM!
These pancakes trojan horse some medicinal mushroom and tonic herb goodness into your kids (or yourself haha) and taste amazing. You can make them into pikelets for kids' lunchboxes too. (You can replace the herbs with whatever you have on hand, we've made these with Beauty Blend, Jing, and cordyceps too, and they'd be great with all our herbs, we reckon!!)
- 3/4 c buckwheat flour
- 1/2 c blanched almond flour (you can use regular almond flour, they'll just be a lot denser and you might need a little more liquid)
- 2 eggs (vegan option: 2 Tbs chia and 2 Tbs water soaked until chia is gooey)
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp astragalus
- 1 tsp lion’s mane
- 1 tsp tremella
- 1/2 tsp salt (we use flaked salt so use less if your salt is really fine, maybe 1/4 tsp)
- (1 Tbs maple syrup)
Right now when you get both of the mushies in the recipe you can get a third mushie to try for free!
- Pour flours into a large mixing bowl and stir gently to combine.
- In a blender (optional, but makes it so easy!) add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir well until a smooth batter is formed.
- If you don't have a blender, in separate bowls, lightly whisk the eggs and mash the bananas. Add to the flours with all remaining ingredients.
- If too thick, add a touch more coconut milk or water. You want a batter that is thick enough to coat your stirring utensil but not so thick as to not cook through in the pan.
- Heat a medium size frypan over low - med-low heat (we use cast iron). When pan is warmed, add 1 tsp coconut oil, butter or ghee and 1/3 cup pancake mix and cook until bubbles form on the top side of the pancake. Once the middle bubbles begin to pop, flip the pancake and cook on the other side until browned.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
Makes 10-12 pancakes.
Gorgeous spoons by @51.raw
Enjoy this one beauties. If you'd like to dive deeper into Taoist tonic herbal beauty philosophy, we've got you covered. Check out our free Beauty Bible. You'll get the low down on trouble shooting skin and hair issues and which herbs we love for that glow.Download here!