For thousands of years, Tremella has been used by noble men and women of the Orient as a youth-preserving tonic. This hydrating, beautifying herb is packed-full of potent antioxidants that create a radiant complexion and bring lubrication to our deep fascial tissues and vital organs. This epic recipe m
akes 1 nice tall, decadent, rich, creamy, dreamy, delicious, nutritious, seriously chocolatey, perfectly spiced, secretly healthy super smoothie.
- 1 teaspoon of Tremella
- 1/3 cup coconut or Greek style yogurt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 an overripe banana (preferably pre-frozen)
- 1 Tablespoon of cacao
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla (or 4-6 drops of vanilla cream stevia – I like to use Sweet Leaf Stevia )
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, grated (or 1/4 teaspoon of dried/ground ginger)
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1-2 scoop of Vital proteins unflavored collagen peptides – optional
- 1/4-1/2 cup of ice – more or less to desired consistency
Optional but recommended for serving:
- Cacao nibs
- Coconut Flakes
- Dried Ginger, finely sliced
- Chia Seeds
- 1 – Place all smoothie ingredients into your and process until smooth, creamy and well combined.
- 2 – Pour into a chilled glass or mason jar then top with coconut flakes, cacao nibs dried ginger and a sprinkling of chia seeds if desired.
- You could also add in a scoop of protein powder (chocolate, vanilla or unflavoured would work really well in this recipe for an extra boost of protein if you’re into that kinda thing – do what you feel baby
Enjoy this one beauties. If you'd like to dive deeper into Taoist tonic herbal beauty philosophy, we've got you covered. Check out our free Beauty Bible. You'll get the low down on trouble shooting skin and hair issues and which herbs we love for that glow.Download here!