Mason's Mushrooms is a gut-friendly medicinal mushroom blend, containing eight potent immune-supporting mushrooms. Let's get started:
(this will make two generous cups)
1.5kg red onions (you can also use brown or white onions), peeled and finely sliced
1⁄4 cup maple syrup
1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp SuperFeast Mason’s Mushrooms
salt to taste
1. Heat a saucepan over medium heat, sweat onions for 15 - 25 mins, stirring occasionally. Keep covered with the lid unless stirring.
2. Once onions start to soften, add maple, balsamic, Mason’s Mushrooms and salt.
3. Reduce heat to low and leave uncovered, stirring regularly, until sticky and dark in color, about 20-30 mins.
4. Taste for the balance of salty, sweet and sour - add more salt to taste if necessary.
5. Store in a glass jar in the fridge.
Thanks to the beautiful Heidi Flora for this simple, yet delicious recipe.