Tremella is a hydrating, beautifying herb that is packed-full of potent antioxidants that create a radiant complexion and bring lubrication to our deep tissue and vital organs and it tastes amazing! These muffins are a guilt free, delicious treat for everyone to enjoy!
- 1 teaspoon of Tremella
- 3 eggs (vegan friends sub flax/chia eggs or fave egg replacer)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 Tablespoon of warm water
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of raspberries, fresh or frozen – roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of dark chocolate (or cacao nibs) finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 175’C (350’F) – Line a mini muffin tray with paper cases and set aside.
- Place eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil and water into a medium size bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add your coconut flour, tremella, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir to combine. The batter will be very thick, go with it.
- Add 3/4 of your raspberries and 3/4 of your chopped chocolate and stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared muffin tray then sprinkle a little of your remaining raspberries and chopped chocolate over each mini muffin.
- Bake for 8-10 mins until cook through. The tops will be deliciously golden and should be firm yet spring back a little when lightly pressed and a tooth pick should come out clean or have just a few crumbs attached when inserted into the center.
- Allow to cool for 5 mins in the muffin tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely – That's if you can resist inhaling the entire batch as you transfer each delicious little muffin from muffin tray to cooling rack. Note – this will be an extremely difficult task. You have been warned.
Enjoy this one beauties. If you'd like to dive deeper into Daoist tonic herbal beauty philosophy, we've got you covered. Check out our free Beauty Bible. You'll get the low down on trouble shooting skin and hair issues and which herbs we love for that glow.Download here!