We've got a ripper of a new recipe fo you today guys, filmed at the local SuperFeast outdoors kitchen ;P
Public service announcement: we never want to see a miso out there, without your medicinal mushrooms thrown in!! They are *made* for miso.
This delicious and quick meal with feed your unique, indigenous gut bacteria, fill you up with both probiotics and prebiotics. Jam-packed full with beta glucans and epic immune-boosting constituents, this warming elixir is perfect to help ward of colds and it feels like a nice, big hug if you are feeling a little depleted.
Let's get going:
- Big dollop of miso (don't skimp on miso, get the good stuff. We lurve Byron Bay miso)
- 1/2tsp Chaga (or any medicinal mushie you like)
- 1cup of hot broth or stock (homemade is our fave, try veg, beef, chicken)
- Fresh herbs (optional! Experiment: try rosemary, oregano, parsley, coriander)
1. Add your miso to your cup / bowl
2. Add your shallots and fresh (or dry herbs)
3. Add your medicinal mushrooms
4. Add your hot (not boiling) stock / broth, stir well and be taken straight to chaga miso heaven
Want to read more about chaga and the absolute powerhouse that it is? Check out The Amazing Benefits of Chaga :)
PS here is the documentary Mason mentions, Juliette of the Herbs